Friday 8 June 2012

More Line Drawings Of Buildings in Nuoro

Since my last blog post I have completed three more line drawings of various buildings in Nuoro. The first was of Caffè Tettamanzi, (below) a bar in Via Corso Garibaldi that we frequent several times a week and it took me two and a half months to finish!
Because the style of drawing is quite intricate I seldom work at it for more than forty-five minutes a day and that about four times a week. Anyway, because I was very pleased with the result I decided to get some prints done, one of which I got framed to give to everyone at Caffè Tettamanzi as the staff there have always been very courteous and welcoming towards us. We presented it to Gianfranco, the Bar Manager there, about three weeks ago. He, and the rest of the staff, seemed delighted with it and he asked me to write a dedication, in both Italian and English, to paste on the back of the frame. Naturally I obliged.

The second drawing (above) was of a rather curious and charming old building in Via Marconi in the 'centro storico' part of town and this I managed to complete in about a week. I was pictured in front of it on my very first visit to Nuoro and Sardinia in the autumn of 2008. (There's a photo of me in front of this building on my first visit to Nuoro and Sardinia which I added to my very first post to this blog New Arrival In Nuoro.)

I actually go for a walk through the 'centro storico' part of Nuoro almost every day and the third drawing I did was of la Chiesa della Madonna del Rosario  (below) in the Piazza del Rosario just off Via Chironi. Again, this drawing took me around a week to complete.
Now I'm working on another drawing but you can't see that until it's finished!


Altri disegni di edifici a Nuoro

Da quando ho scritto il mio ultimo blogpost ho finito tre disegni  di edifici diversi a Nuoro. Il primo disegno era di Caffè Tettamanzi, un bar in Via Corso Garibaldi, dove andiamo alcune volte alla settimana. Ci volevano più di due mesi per finirlo! Perchè lo stile di disegno è abbastanza intricato, è raro che disegni per più di quaranta-cinque minuti al giorno, circa quattro volte alla settimana. Comunque, siccome mi è piaciuto il risultato, ho deciso di fare qualche stampa e poi una l'abbiamo fatta incorniciare e l'abbiamo data al Caffè Tettamanzi perchè tutti i camerieri sono molto cortesi ed accoglienti con noi. L'abbiamo regalata al gestore del bar Gianfranco circa tre settimane fa. Lui e il resto dei camerieri sembravano felicissimi per il disegno.

Il secondo disegno era di un antica casa abbastanza curiosa e affascinante in Via Marconi nel centro storico di Nuoro. Ci è voluta circa una settimana per finirlo. C'è una mia foto fuori della casa che è stata fatta la prima volta che sono venuto a Nuoro e in Sardegna in Novembre 2008.

Faccio una passeggiata nel centro storico di Nuoro quasi quotidianamente e qui si trova la chiesa della Madonna del Rosario in Piazza del Rosario vicino a Via Chironi. Il mio terzo disegno era di questa chiesa. Anche per questo disegno ci è voluta circa una settimana. Adesso sto lavorando su un altro disegno ma non potete vederlo fino a quando non l'ho finito.

No comments:

Post a Comment